Small Business and Entrepreneurship Manager, Loudoun County Economic Development Department
Vanessa Wagner serves as Loudoun County’s small business and entrepreneurship manager, focusing on supporting small businesses and growing the entrepreneur ecosystem in Loudoun. She comes to the department with more than 10 years of marketing and program development experience with small business and international organizations.
Wagner currently works with the following groups and associations:
• 1 Million Cups LCV, Organizer
• Mason Enterprise Center-Loudoun, Advisory Committee
• Loudoun County Chamber of Commerce
• Small Business Committee, Member
• Loudoun Tech Coalition, Chair
• Loudoun Tech Startups, Organizer
• Young Entrepreneurs Academy-Loudoun, Instructor and Executive committee member
• Staff Liaison, Rural Economic Development Council
In 2013 she was recognized by Leesburg Today as one of the 40 Under 40 Young Professionals in Loudoun County, VA. She continued her growth in Loudoun by graduating from the Leadership Loudoun program in the spring of 2017. Most recently Vanessa was a finalist for Young Professional of the Year 2017 from the Loudoun Chamber.
Vanessa regularly volunteers at programs offered through LAWS/LCSJ, including as an instructor in their nurturing program, and Friends of Homeless Animals..
A Buffalo native, Wagner holds a bachelor’s degree in communication from The State University at Buffalo. She has lived in Loudoun in 2008 and has been actively engaged in the small business and non-profit community since that time.